Albert Jonathon Goodwill
Name Albert Jonathon Goodwill
Number Private 5023
Battalion 23rd Battalion
Place of Birth Warragul
Next of Kin His mother, Mrs. Ellen Goodwill of Mardan, then Dumbalk North and then Drouin.
Date and place of enlistment Leongatha on 31/1/1916
Physical details on enlistment Age 21 years 5 months, 5’11” 12 stone blue eyes and brown hair.
Date and place of death
He died of wounds 24/3/1917
Location of grave or memorial
He was buried at Dernancourt Communal Cemetery Extension near Albert
Relationship to Woorayl Shire
He was from Dumbalk and attended Dumbalk School
- He is on the Meeniyan Honour Roll
- 31/1/16 He enlisted in Leongatha
- 19/7/16 He embarked Melbourne on the HMAT Armidale
- 20/9/16 He disembarked Plymouth
- 19/11/16 He went o France via Folkstone
- 1/12/16 He joined his unit
- 20/3/17 He was wounded in action
- 23/3/17 He died of wounds
- He was buried at Dernancourt Communal cemetery extension near Albert
- Mrs. Goodwill received a package of effects
The effects were: – discs, coins, knives, a purse, a ring, letters, photos, carbon notebook, fountain pen, a wallet, a money belt. a testament and a strop.
- 31/12/20 Mrs. Goodwill received a letter telling her what is on the grave marker
- 9/5/21 Mrs. Goodwill asked why she has not received the canteen funds
- There are letters about the medals and Mrs. Goodwill points out that she had three sons at the front. Arthur James and William Henry Goodwill.
- Mr. Goodwill received the medals