Roy Keith McLean
Name Roy Keith McLean
Number Private 351
Battalion 8th Battalion
Place of Birth Harrow
Next of Kin His father Mr. K McLean of Meeniyan
Date and place of enlistment Surrey Hills 25/8/1914
Physical details on enlistment Age 25 years 8 months, 5’ 8”, 144 pounds, brown eyes and brown hair.
Religion Church of England
Date and place of death
He was wounded in action at Cape Hellas Gallipoli on 10/5/1915. His wounds became septic and he died in Alexandria on 20/5/1915.
Location of grave or memorial
He was buried in Chatby Cemetery Egypt.
Relationship to Woorayl Shire
His family resided in Meeniyan
- He is on the Meeniyan Honour Roll
- 25/8/14 He enlisted in Surrey Hills
- 19/10/14 He embarked Melbourne on HMAT Benella
- 10/5/15 He went to Gallipoli
- 20/5/15 He died of wounds received at Cape Hellas Gallipoli
- His effects were: – a diary, letters, a handkerchief, a wallet, fountain pen, a pair of gloves, silver pencil case, gun metal watch and leather guard, pair of scissors, pipe, mirror, money belt, and tobacco pouch
- McLean Roy Keith 351, 8th Battalion Australian Infantry. Died of wounds 20th May 1915 age 27. Son of Helen McLean of Queen St Colac Victoria, Australia and the late Colin McLean. Born at Harrow Victoria
- His mother Helen received his scroll 4/7/21 Victory medal 17/8/22 and plaque 21/1/22