Name Albert Chenery
Number Private 582
Battalion 22nd Battalion
Place of Birth Langley near West Lodden Norfolk England
Next of Kin His father Mr. Henry Chenery of Langley Norfolk England
His grave in Malta
Date and place of enlistment Leongatha 18/2/1915
Physical details on enlistment Age 19 years 7 months, 5’9” 11 stone, hazel eyes and brown hair
Occupation farm hand
Date and place of death
He was wounded at Gallipoli on 19/10/1915 and moved to hospital in Malta where he died of cellulitis on October 24th.
Location of grave or memorial
Albert was buried in the Pieta Cemetery Malta. The photo above is his grave.
Relationship to Woorayl Shire
Albert worked for Mr. Tom Gray of Garvies Road Nerrena
- 18/2/15 he enlisted
- He is on the Koorooman East Honour Roll
- Albert was a young man from England who was working on a farm in the Koorooman East area in 1914.
- 19/10/15 He was wounded at Gallipoli
- 24/10/15 He died of cellulitis on Malta at Cottonera Hospital
- 25/10/15 He was buried at Pieta Malta
- His effects consisted of a hairbrush and testament
- A letter from Tom Gray of Garvies Rd stating that Albert Chenery left his bank book from the Leongatha State Savings Bank with him and he asks if Albert left a will. He has his fathers address in England