Alexander Conrad Le Maitre
Name Alexander Conrad Le Maitre
Number Private 514
Battalion 22nd Battalion
Place of Birth Elaine
Next of Kin His father, Mr. P Le Maitre of Leongatha
Date and place of enlistment Leongatha 6/7/1915
Physical details on enlistment. Age 19 years and 11 months, 5’ 10 ½ “, 10 stone 10 pounds, blue eyes and brown hair.
Date and place of death he was killed in action on 5/8/1916 at Pozieres
Location of grave or memorial
He was buried in Pozieres British Cemetery Ovillerts-La Boiselle Pozieres Picadie France
Relationship to Woorayl Shire
His father has an address of Leongatha. The Le Maîtres half way between Leongatha and Korumburra.
- He is on the Korumburra cenotaph and is not on the Leongatha Memorial Hall Black Marble Honour Roll
- His place of association was listed as Korumburra
- 10/5/15 He embarked Melbourne on the HMTS Nestor
- 30/8/15 He went from Egypt to Gallipoli
- 19/3/16 He embarked Alexandria
- 26/3/16 He disembarked Marseilles
- 1/5/16 He was made a Lance Corporal
- 5/8/16 He was missing in action at Pozieres
- 17/10/16 He was officially declared to have been killed in action
- His effects were: – 2 brushes, 4 handkerchiefs, housewife, fly net, military book, curios and cigarette case.
- In his will he left his estate to his father.
- His father received all medals, the plaque and scroll.
- He had a City Mutual Life Insurance Policy