Name Alexander Osborne
Number Private 159
Battalion 5th Battalion
Place of Birth Carlton Victoria
Next of Kin His best friend James Young Dandenong Road Oakleigh. Later the address of James Young is “Cloverlea” Thorpdale
Date and place of enlistment Melbourne 20/8/1914
Physical details on enlistment Age 21 years 8 months, 5’4”, 9 stone 6 pounds, grey eyes and brown hair
Religion Church of England
Occupation Farm labourer
Date and place of death
He was killed in action on 27/4/1915
Location of memorial
He is on the Lone Pine Memorial Gallipoli Turkey
Relationship to Woorayl Shire
He was from Allambee
- he was in the school cadets for 2 years
- he enlisted on 20/8/14
- 21/10/14 he was on the first Anzac convoy leaving Melbourne on board the Orvieto
- He trained in Egypt
- 25/4/15 he landed at Gallipoli
- 27/4/15 he died of wounds
- 7/8/17 James Young asks if any of Alexander’s effects are available.
- 16/4/20 James is asked if he knows of any blood relations.
- 29/4/20 Janet Young has taken over the correspondence so it is assumed that James died. Janet writes that she knows of no blood relations of Alexander.
- 5/5/20 Janet is asked who is the beneficiary of Alexander’s estate.
- 14/7/21 Janet received the memorial scroll.
- 14/9/20 Janet received Alexander’s medals
- 22/12/27 Janet received Alexander’s memorial plaque.